Hi everyone! I hope you guys are having a great weekend. When I was growing up, my family and I used have movie night every Saturday night and cook homemade pizza with my mom. A couple of weekends ago instead of making our traditional wheat pizza we decided to take a new direction and make cauliflower pizza. It was amazing and the best part was it was gluten free and was not as heavy as normal pizza is! The only thing I would change about the pizza is I wish I added more veggies instead of just cheese, olives, and tomatoes. Here is the recipe I used (note- I combined a few recipes to make my own so I can not take credit for this recipe), enjoy!
1 brown egg
2 tbsp of parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1 bag of defrosted frozen cauliflower (or you can use 1/2 of a cauliflower however I find it much easier to just use frozen cauliflower)
1 can of pizza sauce (you can also make your own)
toppings of your choice!
- Preheat your oven to 425F
- Take the defrosted chunks of cauliflower and put them in a food processor and blend the cauliflower until its a fine mixture
- Take the processed cauliflower and on low heat cook the cauliflower in a medium sauce pan for about 8 minutes. There is no need to add anything such as olive oil, the whole point of cooking the cauliflower is to evaporate some of the water
- After cooking the the cauliflower let it cool and transfer the cauliflower onto a cloth towel (you may use a paper towel however I found the paper towel ended up sticking to the cauliflower). Then strain all the water left in the cauliflower mixture with the towel. It is very important to strain all the water out.
- Once strained the cauliflower should look and feel dough like
- Then, dice up your garlic and add your garlic, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, strained cauliflower, Italian seasoning, and egg into a large mixing bowl. Add some salt and pepper to your liking.
- Mix all the ingredients and make sure everything is incorporated.
- Lay down a piece of parchment paper on a pizza pan and put the cauliflower dough on top.
- Start spreading the dough out onto the parchment paper in the form of a pizza crust.
- Once the crust is made, pour the pizza sauce on top.
- Then add the toppings of your choice! I added cheese, tomatoes, and olives, however like I said before I wish I added more veggies like mushrooms and bell peppers.
- Pop your pizza in the oven for about 10 minutes (or until the pizza is fully cooked)
I hope you guys enjoy this pizza and please let me know if you try it out! Don’t forget to comment and subscribe to my blog for instant updates when I post!